In the past few years, I have developed a mouse phobia, which according to Wikipedia, is called musophobia. Growing up, we always had cats and I never saw mice, other than maybe in the woods, so when I started to see them in Halifax, it really freaked me out. Now, it appears that there has been a boom in mice and rats populations. I have been seeing them on Dalhousie campus, including in and around my office, and in my apartment.
So now, my mild annoyance with mice has turned into full-blown fear of mice. I go into a panic when I see or hear mice. The thought of a mouse totally scares me. I know that this is completely irrational. A mouse is tiny and can't hurt me. This fear is not reasonable at all.
My hope is that this boom in the mouse population will end soon and I can go back to my mouse free existence.
Maybe it is time to get a cat...
So now, my mild annoyance with mice has turned into full-blown fear of mice. I go into a panic when I see or hear mice. The thought of a mouse totally scares me. I know that this is completely irrational. A mouse is tiny and can't hurt me. This fear is not reasonable at all.
My hope is that this boom in the mouse population will end soon and I can go back to my mouse free existence.
Maybe it is time to get a cat...
No comments:
Post a Comment