Thursday, September 09, 2010

De-stress

I need to find a way to de-stress. Between thesis work, supervisor meetings, job hunting, family stuff and a billion other things, I have been up to my eyeballs in stress.

Some things I have considered to relieve the stress are the following:
  1. Yoga - one spot that interested me is Moksha Yoga. The reason I haven't done yoga is that it intimidates me. It seems like everyone knows how to do yoga and I don't want to be embarrassed.
  2. join some sports teams - I hate competitive sports...of any kind...I think this would cause more stress than it would relieve.
  3. Learn some new skill, like knitting - Besides the fact that something like this makes me feel old, this is a genuine possibility. What concerns me is that I don't necessarily need to pick up more time consuming things to add to my list of stuff to do.
  4. Cut out the stressors - This is the most feasible option. I have to avoid doing things that stress me out. I always have trouble with this, because it requires saying "no" to people. I need more practice!
Anyway, I guess I have started to deal with this stuff so that is a good start on the path of a low stress life.

Who knew that grad school could be so stressful?!

4 comments:

Cameron said...

Is grad school not pretty widely acknowledged to be pretty stressful?

jlye said...

You should try a yoga class! There are always new people trying it out when I go. It's really easy to follow along and not stressful at all!

jlye said...

These are not pity comments, BTW

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the non-pity comments. :)